How does it work?
ACTISORB™ Silver 220 is different from other charcoal dressings, it has a triple
action that not only masks odour but also addresses its cause.
To learn more about the triple action click here.
ACTISORB™ Silver 220 is effective against 150 microorganisms associated with wound infection, including MRSA and VRE3-5.
A recent study shows the dressing provides effective antimicrobial action without causing any harm to host cells nor preventing fibroblast proliferation6,7.
Odour and exudate management
ACTISORB™ Silver 220 eliminates malodour thereby improving the patient’s quality of life4,5,8,9.
As malodour might be accompanied by wound fluids, ACTISORB™ Silver 220 is able to manage exudate and helps maintain a moist wound healing environment8,10.
C1677 Nov 2013
1. Soriano et al. Effects of an activated charcoal silver dressing on chronic wounds with no clinical signs of infection. JWC Vol 13 no. 10. 2004
2. Nisbet et al. The Beneficial effects of a non-releasing silver containing wound dressings on fibroblast proliferation. Poster presented at Wounds UK 2011
3. Stadler et al. Survey of 12,444 patients with chronic wounds treated with Charcoal dressing (ACTISORB™). Akt Dermatol 2002; 28: 351-354. 2002
4. Nisbet et al. The benefits of activated charcoal cloth with silver on odour control and bacterial endotoxin binding. Poster presentation at Wounds UK 2011
5. Russell AD et al. Antimicrobial activity and action of silver. Progress in Medicinal Chemistry.31, 351-370. Elsevier Service 1994
6. Kerihuel et al. Effect of activated charcoal dressings on healing outcomes of chronic wounds. JWC Vol 19 no 5. 2010